My Landers Experience + 9 Things That Caught My Eye

6:37 PM


I actually learned about Landers awhile ago, prior to its Balintawak opening, I think, but wasn't able to go until the weekend of Landers Otis' opening.

Landers Otis

Landers Otis was a little smaller than I expected, and it didn't have some of the things I spotted (and liked) in some of the Landers Balintawak blog posts I saw. However, my experience was quite positive. Pretty much all of the items we bought at a regular supermarket were cheaper at Landers. For example, the 10 kilogram bag of the rice brand we use is cheaper by P23 at Landers. Galunggong was also cheaper by P79.25 per kilo (!). The quality of the fish was excellent too.

Landers Balintawak

Because of the positive experience we had, we decided to visit Landers Balintawak the next time we had the opportunity. Our first stop was the Membership area. We got a Day Pass/Temporary Card at Otis because there were quite a few people ahead of us in line and getting a permanent card right away might take time. We had already filled up the membership form back at Otis, so at Balintawak, all we had to do was present our temporary cards and a valid ID, then wait to be called so we could have our picture taken. The process was quite quick and I think we got our cards in five minutes.



Landers Balintawak is much bigger than Landers Otis, but the layout is more or less the same.


9 Things That Caught My Eye

  1. THOMAS AND FRIENDS MINI SHORTBREAD COOKIES

    To be honest, it was actually my son who spotted this. I was looking at something else when he started pointing and saying "Ooh, train! Train!" He loves cars, trains, and the like, so it's no surprise he liked this one. Thankfully, unlike some character-branded products, this one actually seems to be tasty. My son ate a lot when he first tried it, and he still hasn't grown tired of it.
  2. FROSTED A&W ROOT BEER POP TARTS


    It's been years since I've eaten a pop tart, but I do have fond memories of it. Same with A&W Root Beer. This should be an interesting combination.
  3. 4C HALF & HALF ICED TEA AND LEMONADE

    I liked this mostly because it combined two of my favorite drinks: iced tea and lemonade. I have no idea if it will actually taste good.
  4. THE HONEST COMPANY ORGANIC HEALING BALM


    This would have been great to have around the time when my kid was still a baby. He had sensitive skin and this would have been perfect for the times when his skin would get irritated.
  5. BE SMART, GET PREPARED FIRST AID KIT


    I know there are plenty of cheaper first aid kits out on the market, but I loved the look of the container and the fact that it glows in the dark.
  6. DINO BUDDIES CHICKEN BREAST NUGGETS


    My son likes dinosaurs too, and since it's all-natural, it seems like a good alternative snack or meal for him. I ended up not buying this, though, because it's a huge box and it's fairly expensive. It would have been nice if there had been a smaller box available so I can see first if my son will like its taste.
  7. KID CUISINE


    My son wanted this one when he saw it. It's a good thing I only bought two because he ended up not liking it. I ended up eating it. It's actually not that bad. The fries are a bit starchy, but I liked the corn dog. The corn was on the watery side but otherwise, fine. As for the brownie, it was a little sweeter than I like, but it was dense, which was nice.
  8. THE ORIGINAL POPPERS BRAND CREAM CHEESE JALAPENOS


    I like spicy things and cream cheese, so of course I want this.
  9. KEY LIME CHEESECAKE


    I love key lime cheesecake! The price is a bit too steep for me, though, considering the size of the cheesecake.


Have you been to Landers? Any products you discovered there that you ended up loving? Let me know in the comments!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like on Facebook

Follow on Twitter